Definition of phosphorous in English:
1Relating to or containing phosphorus. Compare with phosphoric.
- The methyl halide can be produced by reacting methanol with phosphorous halides, hydrogen halides, or, in the case of methyl chloride, thionyl chloride.
- Lipid spots were identified using a standard phosphorous stain.
- For example, in the iron and steel industry, the search for methods to neutralize the deleterious effects of phosphorous iron ore not only produced technological change, it also made the range of useable ore inputs endogenous.
1.1 Chemistry Of phosphorus with a valency of three.
- For example, two phosphorus atoms, each having a valence of 3, making a total valence of 6, require, in order to combine with O, whose valence is 2, three atoms of O, which make the valence of 6.
- The word phosphorous is the adjectival form of the P3+ valency.
Words that rhyme with phosphorousphosphorus
Definition of phosphorous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.