noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- 1Denoting the trivalent group ≡PO.More example sentences
- The association of the peptide amide hydrogens with the lipid phosphoryl oxygens was also investigated in order to find out if there was any possibility of long-term hydrogen bonding between these atoms.
- This ordering can be explained by the orientational behavior of water molecules around phosphoryl groups.
- Signal transduction by these systems usually involves autophosphorylation of a histidine kinase on a conserved histidine residue and subsequent transfer of the phosphoryl group to a conserved aspartate on a receiver domain.
- 1.1 Biochemistry Denoting the monovalent phosphate group —PO(OH)2.More example sentences
- It explains the method of claim 2 in which the monovalent group comprises a phosphoryl group.
- In addition, monovalent cations may, along with Mg2+ ions and surrounding residues of the protein, help orient the 1-phosphoryl group so as to achieve the optimal position required for catalysis.