Definition of photocatalysis in English:
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
The acceleration of a chemical reaction by light.
- Nevertheless, the system does demonstrate for the first time the decontamination of a bacteria-containing air stream by photocatalysis at room temperature.
- In the area of photocatalysis, developing colloidal semiconductor systems capable of converting visible light to a useful form of energy has also been the center of attention.
- The photocatalysis effect comes about because TiO 2 is a semiconductor that can absorb the high-energy component of sunlight.
- Example sentences
- This layer functions in two ways: having both photocatalytic and hydrophilic effects.
- The resulting porphyrin nanotubes have ‘interesting electronic and optical properties such as an intense resonance light scattering ability and photocatalytic activity.’
- The result of several years' research, the product incorporates a proprietary dual-action coating, using hydrophilic and photocatalytic properties to eliminate water and organic and inorganic deposits from the surface of the glass.
Definition of photocatalysis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan