noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- Dissociation of a chemical compound by the action of light: ozone is produced at stratospheric levels by photodissociation of molecular oxygenMore example sentences
- The size of the peak indicates complete photodissociation of carbon monoxide.
- This method is also useful to probe the oxygen on/off rates, especially when the quantum yield for oxygen photodissociation is low.
- This involves photodissociation or direct breaking of intramolecular bonds in biopolymers, caused by absorption of incident photons and subsequent release of biological material.
More definitions of photodissociationDefinition of photodissociation in:
- The US English dictionary