- Having a chemical, electrical, or other response to light: photosensitive cells photosensitive drugsMore example sentences
- When exposed to ultraviolet light, a photosensitive chemical in the liquid causes the material to harden and encapsulate the cells.
- One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.
- Some polymers, such as most polyimides and polycarbonates, are not photosensitive and are typically processed using photoresist patterning and reactive ion etching.
- More example sentences
- Both black and white and color film photochemistry relies predominantly on the photosensitivity of microcystalline grains of silver halides.
- None of the subjects had a history of photosensitivity, was receiving photoactive medication, or had sunbathed within 3 months of participating in the study.
- Essential oils may cause photosensitivity, skin irritation or may sensitize the skin.
More definitions of photosensitiveDefinition of photosensitive in:
- The US English dictionary