Definition of photosensitive in English:
Having a chemical, electrical, or other response to light: photosensitive cells photosensitive drugs
More example sentences
- When exposed to ultraviolet light, a photosensitive chemical in the liquid causes the material to harden and encapsulate the cells.
- One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.
- Some polymers, such as most polyimides and polycarbonates, are not photosensitive and are typically processed using photoresist patterning and reactive ion etching.
- Example sentences
- Both black and white and color film photochemistry relies predominantly on the photosensitivity of microcystalline grains of silver halides.
- None of the subjects had a history of photosensitivity, was receiving photoactive medication, or had sunbathed within 3 months of participating in the study.
- Essential oils may cause photosensitivity, skin irritation or may sensitize the skin.
Definition of photosensitive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan