- A biochemical mechanism in plants by which chlorophyll absorbs light energy for photosynthesis. There are two such mechanisms ( photosystems I and II) involving different chlorophyll-protein complexes.More example sentences
- In photosystem II, a different chlorophyll-protein complex absorbs light at the wavelength of 680 nm.
- Both types of photosystems differ in size, pigment and protein composition, and charge.
- In higher plant chloroplasts, many pigment-binding proteins are inserted into the thylakoid membrane and organized into multisubunit complexes called photosystems.
More definitions of photosystemDefinition of photosystem in:
- The US English dictionary