- Mental and physical exhaustion retards the growth of body and mind, and it often causes a psychosomatic illness.
- When cycling enthusiast Katie Bamber booked a charity trip to Vietnam she was bracing herself for a tough mental and physical challenge.
- The healing takes places on an emotional level, a mental level, and on a body level, a physical level.
- We berate those who cross the line and leave the immature and underdeveloped open to the physical abuse of contact and collision sports.
- Yes, there is the element of consent and the obvious foreknowledge that physical contact sports carry an inherent risk of injury.
- These guys are playing a physical contact game, they're all steamed up.
- These are tangible, physical assets and totally unlike the stock of a typical NYSE company.
- Common sense says that the physical environment has an impact on productivity.
- Most businesses deal with the physical assets and the environment within, but have never looked at the people.
- Certainly, before Newton, the very idea of physical law was at best a blur.
- Feynman's work is filled with the sort of raw physical insight that physicists love and admire.
- Today we understand most of these things in terms of physical forces acting under impersonal laws.
- Planning to treat yourself to a complete physical for the New Year?
- She loved going to the doctor's office and insisted on having a complete physical at every visit.
- A healthy child from an area of high endemicity receives an annual physical.
- In addition to the over-the-counter trading in physicals, there has been a huge increase in exchange-traded financial contracts.
- It gives great advice on how one can profit from silver via physicals, futures and stocks.
- They fought over the controller for a good 20 minutes until their mom's had to separate them because they were getting physical.
- In the first practice of their off-week, the Lions ran a spirited one-on-one passing drill with the cornerbacks getting physical at the line.
- They even joked about what would happen if their competition got physical.
- We also got physical very much earlier in the relationship than I wanted to.
- Women, on the other hand, live in a ‘emotion’ or ‘love’ house, whereas getting physical is a room they have to have a reason to get up, walk over to, and enter.
- Will you be all right if she gets physical with someone else?
- Example sentences
- ‘I've got to learn the speed of the game and have patience with that, also the physicalness of it,’ he said through an interpreter after Tuesday's practice.
- We weren't used to the physicalness - pushing, shoving, holding - and them not calling anything.
- The other enthralling thing about sport is the physicalness of it.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'relating to medicine'): from medieval Latin physicalis, from Latin physica 'things relating to nature' (see physic). Sense 2 dates from the late 16th century and sense 1 from the late 18th century.
Words that rhyme with physicalmetaphysical, quizzical
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: phys|ic¦al
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.