- Relating to the health of plants, especially with respect to the requirements of international trade.More example sentences
- They have announced a precautionary principle with regard to genetically modified foods, which is very difficult to reconcile with the WTO's sanitary and phytosanitary rules.
- Further, these countries have practically blocked developing country imports under the stringent norms of sanitary and phytosanitary measures (often more tougher than what is prescribed by Codex Alimentarius).
- Most African countries and others from the Least Developed Countries category have been grappling with the issues of sanitary and phytosanitary measures when trying to venture into export markets.
More definitions of phytosanitaryDefinition of phytosanitary in:
- The US English dictionary