1An amaranth that grows as a weed or is used for fodder.
- Genus Amaranthus, family Amaranthaceae: several species, in particular A. retroflexus and A. albus
- Sometimes, a single weed plant - of pigweed, for example - can produce 500,000 seeds.
- Spartan herbicide has provided excellent control of troublesome broadleaf weeds, such as kochia, Russian thistle, and pigweed in no-till sunflower for the past several years.
- Several common weeds, including pigweed, lamb's quarters, and kochia, have been reported to be hosts for the pathogen.
2 North American term for fat hen.
- The fungus kills fat hen - also known as pigweed - a weed which is a serious problem for European farmers.
- Fat Hen, (also known as: white goosefoot, lamb's quarters, lambsquarters, or pigweed) is a fast-growing, upright, weedy annual species of goosefoot, very common in temperate regions/
- Lambsquarters (Chenopodium album, also called fat hen, goosefoot, or pigweed) are a. member of the same family as chard and beets.
Definition of pigweed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.