- (In Japanese classical literature) a type of private journal or diary.More example sentences
- Sade's brand of restlessness, however, provokes moral disquiet, and, for all its flamboyance, The 120 Days is less a pillow book than a novel of dystopia.
- All we need to do is eliminate a few people. - We could catalog endless taxonomies of attack, compiling like Sei Shonagon cozy lists of hateful people in a bedtime pillow book.
- John Bell, Wheeler's learned, polyglot young assistant, and Claire Tsong, his art-restorer friend, may have discovered an invaluable eleventh-century pillow book, or have they made it up?
More definitions of pillow bookDefinition of pillow book in:
- The US English dictionary