Definition of pinstripe in English:
1A very narrow stripe in cloth, especially of the type used for formal suits.
- Also very summery are the whitewashed pastel cotton pants, bold cotton stripes and abstract floral prints and pinstripes on denim, cotton satin and viscose stretch fabrics.
- There was stuff for the men too - from the biker look to the retro pinstripes and blazer stripes and also denim.
- Herringbone, pinstripe and houndstooth are everywhere too, adding a classic look to the winter collection which is expected in the shops this month.
1.1A suit made of pinstripe cloth: a double-breasted navy pinstripe
More example sentences
- This year's collection from Libra features neatly tailored trouser suits - classic pinstripes for day wear, and satin panelling for after six.
- Looks this season include serious pinstripes and classic business suits in plain wool fabrics.
- I turned to see a man on the pavement, all suited up in pale pinstripes and cravat, battered Bible in his right hand.
Definition of pinstripe in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.