noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A synthetic crystalline compound with basic properties, sometimes used as an anthelmintic and insecticide.
- A heterocyclic compound; chemical formula: C4H10N2
More example sentences
- The final step involved a nucleophilic substitution of the 2-chloro group by piperazine at high temperatures.
- The piperazine end of the molecule extends partially into the GC region of the DNA.
- The interaction energy between the piperazine and the DNA does not alter significantly during the structural changes, suggesting entropy as the driving force for the transitions.
Definition of piperazine in:
- The US English dictionary