- A slender tube attached to or incorporating a bulb, for transferring or measuring out small quantities of liquid, especially in a laboratory.More example sentences
- Lambda pipettes are used to transfer very small liquid volumes down to 1 microliter.
- This material was transferred to 1.5 ml Ependorff tubes with pipettes.
- DNA was dialysed by inserting the DNA sample with a pipette into dialysis tubing and securing the ends with clips.
verb[with object and adverbial of direction] Back to top
- Pour, convey, or draw off using a pipette: pipette the cells on to the coverslipsMore example sentences
- Ten minutes after adding malate, we again pipetted the supernatant from the same dish into other test tubes.
- The chambers were assembled and collagen/cell suspension was pipetted inside the polycarbonate sheath.
- Cells were ruptured by pipetting the resuspension 30 times through a Gilson 200 l tip.
mid 19th century: from French, literally 'little pipe', diminutive of pipe.
More definitions of pipetteDefinition of pipette in:
- The US English dictionary