- 1A North American plant of the wintergreen family, with whorled evergreen leaves.
More example sentences
- Chimaphila umbellata, family Pyrolaceae
- Armed with a wildflower guidebook from the farm's library, I identify everything from pipsissewa to trailing arbutus.
- Common pipsissewa is found in dry, shady woods, especially in pine forests, from New Brunswick to British Columbia and south to Georgia, Mexico, and California.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A preparation of the leaves of the pipsissewa, used as a diuretic and tonic.More example sentences
- As a diuretic, pipsissewa helps "flush out" infectious microorganisms.
- Pipsissewa improves kidney and liver function by helping the body eliminate excess fluids.
late 18th century: from Abnaki, literally 'flower of the woods'.
More definitions of pipsissewaDefinition of pipsissewa in:
- The US English dictionary