(also pirozhki /-ʒki/)
- Small Russian savoury pastries or patties, filled with meat or fish and rice.More example sentences
- But interspersed throughout are full-flavored Eastern European daily specials like pojarski (ground-chicken patties), and Russian borscht served with savory beef pirozhki.
- The use of buckwheat, horseradish, and potatoes gives Tatar cuisine a quasi-Russian appearance, and Tatar samosas are made with a puffy dough, like the Russian pirozhki.
- The piroshki, a small Russian pastry filled with vegetables, was light and very moreish.
from Russian pirozhki, plural of pirozhok, diminutive of pirog (see pirog).
More definitions of piroshkiDefinition of piroshki in:
- The US English dictionary