Definition of pistol in English:
1A small firearm designed to be held in one hand.
- Williams was carrying a loaded air pistol in his pocket.
- The business man agreed as he pulled out a laser pistol from his back holster.
- Aruna pulled out a small pistol from a shoulder holster.
2US informal A very energetic or enterprising person: when we first met, he was a pistol, full of ideals and a natural leader
More example sentences
- This gal is really a pistol...She wants everything.
- My daughter Maria is 8 years old and she's a pistol.
- That 94-year-old grandmother is the subject of the article, and apparently she's a pistol.
verb (pistols, pistolling, pistolled; US pistols, pistoling, pistoled)[with object] dated Back to top
Shoot (someone) with a pistol.
- In fact he pistolled the wounded Fraser at Culloden and the officers celebrated by splashing themselves in Highland blood.