- 1A shot fired from a pistol: glass cracked with the sound of a pistol shotMore example sentences
- She kept it up and soon the guard shot off a pistol shot and a bundle of snow on a cliff fell atop the group.
- That's his class picture there, back from the days he marched in the school band (he was the drum major) without firing a single pistol shot.
- In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The range of a pistol: my object was to get within pistol shot of the buffaloMore example sentences
- The site was with sight of a fortified Vietnamese army compound just a pistol shot away.
- Surrounding my digs are acres of chaparral and scrub oak, and the closest pavement is a good pistol shot away.