Definition of pitch-black in English:
Completely dark: the pitch-black night
More example sentences
- His feathers were dark and sleek, as black as the pitch-dark night without a candle or a moon or a star.
- The attackers came after me and got slightly more than they bargained for in the pitch-black dark house.
- With nothing but a pitch-black, moonless night in front of me, my biggest concern was flying away from the water.
- pitch-blackness noun
- Example sentences
- He opened the door to say goodnight to whoever was rehearsing late and was greeted by pitch-blackness.
- In the pitch-blackness, every step was uncertain.
- She watched his figure fade into the pitch-blackness of the room.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.