1A large jug.
- Carrying a glass pitcher full of dark-brown liquid, with a healthy head of foam on it, he places it and two drinking bowls before us.
- He poured a glass of water from a plastic pitcher and pressed it into my hands.
- I finally found the strength to move, I picked up the cream china pitcher and poured the cool water into the basin and washed my face.
1.1The contents of a pitcher: a pitcher of water
More example sentences
- As a result, they also had a wings and beer special where you get a pitcher of beer along with 20 jumbo chicken wings for only $20.
- For instance, Manoj, a software engineer, prefers to have a pitcher of chilled sweet toddy with friends to beat the lethargy of a lazy Sunday.
- We had Big-P's special burgers last week and I made a pitcher of delicious summer punch to go with them…
- 1pitcherful noun (plural pitcherfuls)
- Example sentences
- Only a slob would make and refrigerate a pitcherful in advance.
- Callum Balfour had been up for hours, mulling over accounts and business and chugging water with Alka Seltzer by the pitcherful.
- Mrs. Wexler came in, carrying a tray with six filled glasses and a pitcherful of the drink.
Words that rhyme with pitcherditcher, hitcher, stitcher, twitcher
1 Baseball The player who delivers the ball to the batter.
- The catcher has to stay within the box until the pitcher delivers the ball.
- It was a situation in which most pitchers would deliver a fastball to get the first strike.
- All eight patients were competitive baseball players (seven pitchers, one catcher).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.