Definition of pitfall in English:
1A hidden or unsuspected danger or difficulty: the pitfalls of buying goods at public auctions
More example sentences
- He bought some books on self-publishing and brushed up on the perils and pitfalls involved.
- No matter how often you've done this job before there are still hidden snags and pitfalls along the way.
- How do you deal with difficult grandchildren while avoiding the pitfalls of interfering or being over-critical?
2A covered pit for use as a trap.
- Well anyways, it was caught in a trap, a pitfall.
- If she accidentally stumbled across a trap or a pitfall, she would get out of the mess and warn everyone else of the danger.
- The summed total of three sampling days for each of the 12 pitfall traps (three traps at four tidal heights) was used for each year in subsequent statistical analyses.