- 1 /plɑːʒ/ • dated A beach by the sea, especially at a fashionable resort.More example sentences
- This summer, heart-warming scenes like the above are being played out across the plages and dance floors of Europe, in the cantinas and tapas bars.
- Still they are complaining about the traffic, even though they'll be on the real plage somewhere.
- Meanwhile, down on the plage at the other end of the avenue, fights had broken out as ticketless fans watched the match on a big screen.
- 2 /pleɪdʒ/ Astronomy An unusually bright region on the sun.More example sentences
- Prominences, flares, plages, and other features of the solar chromosphere can be observed in hydrogen light.
- Prominences and plages are structures that occur above the photosphere of the Sun.
More definitions of plageDefinition of plage in:
- The US English dictionary