- 1Relating or belonging to a planet or planets: a planetary system the laws of planetary motionMore example sentences
- The Universe has its own heavenly sounds, such as pulsars, planetary magnetospheres and solar winds.
- Jupiter is the largest of our nine planets, containing two-thirds of the planetary mass of our Solar System.
- In 1954 he developed his work on dynamical systems in relation to planetary motion.
- 1.1Relating to the earth as a planet: planetary air pollution and climatic changeMore example sentences
- What are the odds of one of these things hitting the planet Earth and causing planetary devastation?
- On behalf of all of us who work together for the good of the whole we urge the planetary members of the Earth to be on high alert.
- The story is that huge earthquakes are ripping earth apart, and a planetary evacuation needs to be set underway.
late 16th century: from late Latin planetarius 'relating to the planets' (recorded only as a noun meaning 'astrologer'), from planeta 'planet'.
More definitions of planetaryDefinition of planetary in:
- The US English dictionary