- The roughly toroidal region surrounding and thought to rotate with the earth (or another planet) at latitudes away from the poles, containing a relatively dense plasma of low-energy electrons and protons.More example sentences
- This region is normally shielded by the Earth's plasmasphere, but during the particularly intense solar storms last year, this was eroded somewhat and the ‘safe-zone’ was flooded with ions.
- The arm of the plasmasphere pointing toward the Sun, on the lower right, was hypothesized but never before seen directly.
- The story of the plasmasphere discovery started out as anecdotal.
More definitions of plasmasphereDefinition of plasmasphere in:
- The US English dictionary