- A small colourless disc-shaped cell fragment without a nucleus, found in large numbers in blood and involved in clotting. Also called thrombocyte.More example sentences
- For example, a person can receive only platelets, red blood cells, or a clotting factor.
- The bone marrow is responsible for formation of blood components such as the white blood cells and platelets.
- The animals also showed no significant decreases in white blood cells or platelets.
More definitions of plateletDefinition of platelet in:
- The US English dictionary