Definition of playmaker in English:
A player in a team game who leads attacks or brings other players on the same side into a position from which they could score: a midfield playmaker
More example sentences
- He has been an active playmaker and leads the team in tackles by a wide margin.
- They have a hot quarterback, a solid running game, a vastly improved defense and playmakers on special teams.
- The team is looking for playmakers who will propel it into the playoffs again and for years to come.
- Example sentences
- He's not a scorer, and Stepp handles most of the playmaking, so Brooks must present a better reason to play him.
- But he has shown signs of becoming more of a force when the team needs scoring or playmaking.
- T.J. Ford deserves all the props he gets for his playmaking, but his defense is why Texas finally beat Oklahoma in a big game.
Words that rhyme with playmakerhaymaker
Definition of playmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India