Definition of pleasing in English:
Satisfying or appealing: the pleasing austerity of the surroundings
More example sentences
- The materials used on the exteriors give the house a pleasing, weathered appearance.
- The organ score accompanying the film sounds quite pleasing.
- Wilson develops his argument through a pleasing series of case studies.
- [as submodifier]: a pleasingly unpretentious late night lounge barMore example sentences
- The mussels were pleasingly plump and the sauce was a delight.
- Without ever finding the form that made England reflect pleasingly on their summer adventures in the World Cup, the visitors somehow dug themselves out of a hole.
- There's something pleasingly circular about this.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia