Definition of pleomorphism in English:
The occurrence of more than one distinct form of a natural object, such as a crystalline substance, a virus, the cells in a tumour, or an organism at different stages of the life cycle.
- Vascular invasion, mitosis, and cell pleomorphism are not observed in cases of bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia.
- Mitosis, size of tumour, necrosis and pleomorphism are thought to be prognostic factors for aggressiveness of solitary fibrous tumours.
- Several histologic findings, including increased number and size of cells, greater nuclear pleomorphism, and increased mitotic activity, suggest a well-differentiated fibrosarcoma.
- Example sentences
- They separated the tumors into 4 types: ceruminous gland adenocarcinoma, ceruminous adenoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, and pleomorphic adenoma.
- The tumor cells had slightly eosinophilic cytoplasm and pleomorphic nuclei with prominent nucleoli.
- The sarcomatous component featured pleomorphic, plump spindle cells with prominent mitoses.
Definition of pleomorphism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.