1 (plural plicae /ˈplʌɪkiː/ or plicas) Anatomy A fold or ridge of tissue.
- These commarginal lirae broadly tongue dorsally across plicae and ventrally across interspaces.
- Fibrosis of the tubal plicae was noticed in 35.5% of the specimens and was graded as mild, moderate, or severe.
- Commissure crenulated at intersection with plicae and nodes posteriorly.
1.1 Botany A small lobe between the petals of a flower.
- Loxochlamys having 13-15 prominent radial rounded-trigonal plicae that begin early in ontogeny and remain of moderate height throughout ontogeny.
- In addition the plicae/petal size relationship was of the Gentians sap onaria type.
- The Plica Triangularis extended into the right frontal lobe.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: plica
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.