Definition of plication in English:
1A fold or corrugation.
- Strong radiating ribs are common in this group, and there are generally very strong plications or accordion like folds on the sulcus (the long middle section) of the shell.
- The shell possesses a sulcus on the ventral valve and a corresponding fold on the dorsal valve and several weak plications on flanks.
- Some shells develop up to two lateral sinal plications, but in most lateral sinal plications are lacking.
1.1 [mass noun] The manner of folding or condition of being folded.
- Our patients who did not undergo bilateral plication showed a similar pattern.
- With bilateral paralysis, bilateral plication improves the efficiency of the rib cage muscles in generating tidal volume.
- They are especially characteristic of many temperate trees where plication occurs between secondary veins before formation of tertiary veins in the bud.
Definition of plication in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.