Definition of plication in English:
1A fold or corrugation.
- Strong radiating ribs are common in this group, and there are generally very strong plications or accordion like folds on the sulcus (the long middle section) of the shell.
- The shell possesses a sulcus on the ventral valve and a corresponding fold on the dorsal valve and several weak plications on flanks.
- Some shells develop up to two lateral sinal plications, but in most lateral sinal plications are lacking.
1.1 [mass noun] The manner of folding or condition of being folded.
- Our patients who did not undergo bilateral plication showed a similar pattern.
- With bilateral paralysis, bilateral plication improves the efficiency of the rib cage muscles in generating tidal volume.
- They are especially characteristic of many temperate trees where plication occurs between secondary veins before formation of tertiary veins in the bud.
Definition of plication in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan