Definition of plug and play in English:
Denoting or relating to software or devices that are intended to work perfectly when first used or connected, without reconfiguration or adjustment by the user: a plug and play device plug and play connectivity
More example sentences
- The GSW-5150 is a plug-and-play device so no configuration is required.
- The device is sold as a plug-and-play kit and is expected to be available later this month with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $199.95.
- You'll experience clear, digital sound with the simplicity of a single USB plug-and-play connection.
noun(usually Plug and Play) Back to top
A standard for the connection of peripherals to personal computers, whereby a device only needs to be connected to a computer in order to be configured to work perfectly.
- If you have an older router that doesn't support universal Plug and Play you may have to manually select a port to stream over the Internet.
- The box Intel displayed was equipped with Universal Plug and Play.
- Plug and Play has almost always been available under Linux through user-space configuration utilities and by using external modules for drivers.
Definition of plug and play in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan