- A rich boiled suet pudding containing raisins, currants, and spices.More example sentences
- The competition had a Christmas theme and Iris had to produce a selection of festive cookery including a plum pudding, mince pies and homemade short-bread.
- If you still have room, there are desserts such as plum pudding with brandy sauce, Yule Log, chikki kulfi, assorted Swiss Tortes, fresh fruit cheesecakes, and tender coconut and pistachio mousse.
- After three hours of stuffing ourselves, we succumbed to the traditional dessert of plum pudding with brandy sauce, fresh strawberries with various fruits and cream.
early 18th century: so named because the pudding was originally made with plums, the word plum being retained later to denote 'raisin', which became a substituted ingredient.
More definitions of plum puddingDefinition of plum pudding in:
- The US English dictionary