- An indirect veto of a legislative bill by the US President or a state governor by retaining the bill unsigned until it is too late for it to be dealt with during the legislative session.More example sentences
- The use of the pocket veto does extend the president's authority at a domestic level.
- Lincoln defeated the bill by a pocket veto, meaning he kept the bill unsigned for ten days, whereafter the bill became invalid.
- The pocket veto is absolute and it kills off a bill.
More definitions of pocket vetoDefinition of pocket veto in:
- The US English dictionary