- A mutation affecting only one or very few nucleotides in a gene sequence.More example sentences
- Each mutant allele contains a point mutation, and the positions of the Kitl sequences affected in each are shown in Table 1.
- Arrows indicate the position of the point mutation and the corresponding nucleotide on the wild-type sequence (right).
- To introduce a point mutation the gene must be cloned, the desired point mutation must be generated within that clone, and an I-SceI site must be inserted.
More definitions of point mutationDefinition of point mutation in:
- The US English dictionary