- A star at or close to a celestial pole, especially the Pole Star: Alpha Draconis used to be the north polar starMore example sentences
- Yes, that's the first thing, like the Big Dipper here, the North polar star.
- These 38 stars were the 36 ‘fundamental stars’ of Maskelyne together with two further polar stars.
- The queen, however, is as constant as the polar star, and it is that continuity, stability and dignity which Britons are now celebrating.
More definitions of polar starDefinition of polar star in:
- The US English dictionary