nounchiefly North American
- A crime novel in which the emphasis is on the procedures used by the police in solving the crime.More example sentences
- I read village mysteries and hard-boiled American private eye novels, spy thrillers and police procedurals.
- But she also wonders if Sayers would feel any kinship to today's grisly police procedurals, filled with random killings and clinical crime details.
- With Leonard on board as a consultant to the show, this will hopefully keep the stories interesting and not your typical police procedurals week after week.
More definitions of police proceduralDefinition of police procedural in:
- The US English dictionary