Definition of police record in English:
noun(usually police records)
1A dossier kept by the police on all people convicted of crime.
- They thus offer a measure of crime a distance apart from police records, of which more below.
- The source of the information must have been the mother and the fiancé, as well as police records (which record a number of domestic violence calls to the home where the fiancé and his former wife lived).
- For all posts covered by these arrangements, the police check will be made against national and local police records.
1.1 (a police record) A personal history which includes some conviction for crime: a well-known character with a police record
More example sentences
- He has a police record dating back to February 1976, when he was 16 years old, for offences such as theft, burglary and possession of an offensive weapon.
- The host country, in essential cases, may ask the Member State of origin for information regarding any previous police record.
- My source also mentioned a few other problematic issues in her past, like a police record and a history of charges of animal cruelty… on her part.