- Any of a group of enteroviruses including those that cause poliomyelitis.More example sentences
- Viral meningitis may be caused by viruses such as coxsackie, herpes simplex, mumps, the varicella zoster virus of chickenpox and shingles, poliovirus, echoviruses (including enterovisuses).
- In Mumbai city there is a project to search for wild polioviruses in sewage, conducted by the Enterovirus Research Centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
- Making a countrywide list of all biomedical laboratories and inventorying those having specific pathogen (in this case wild polioviruses or potentially infected material) is a task never before attempted in the country.
More definitions of poliovirusDefinition of poliovirus in:
- The US English dictionary