Definition of polka dot in English:
One of a number of round dots repeated to form a regular pattern on fabric: [as modifier]: a red and white polka-dot shirt
More example sentences
- But as the former principal shuffled from the dock yesterday, wearing a white polka-dot blouse and three-quarter length grey wool wraparound, she looked a broken woman.
- She stepped out from behind the wall revealing the purple polka-dot pajama bottoms and white tank top she was wearing.
- Minutes later, a slightly paunchy, balding, middle aged man wearing blue tinted Granny glasses, jeans and a polka dot shirt, bounces into the room.
- Example sentences
- There are also rhinestone clusters, which come in four different colors, and playful polka-dotted clips for a less dressy look.
- Jo had found the polka-dotted cloth in her pocket.
- This trend is spearheaded by Fauchon, who made it the house specialty and came up with bright red, pink, orange or even polka-dotted éclairs, flavored with cherry, green tea, rose, passionfruit or blood orange.
Definition of polka dot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan