Definition of polo neck in English:
1.1A sweater with a polo neck.
- She dresses smart-black pin-stripe trousers, black polo neck with a trench coat.
- Wearing dark cords, a black polo neck and thick grey winter coat, the former Pop Idol runner-up was a huge hit with his adoring fans.
- I've always liked the idea of sitting outside a chic Parisien cafe at dawn, surrounded by the French literati, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes in a black polo neck, whilst producing the next great work of English literature.
- Example sentences
- In the paparazzo shots, she's emerging from the pool in a serious swimmers' cap, goggles and a black, long-sleeved, polo-necked, skin-shielding swimsuit.
- Every two-bit jumped up car stylist in a black polo-necked sweater proclaims themselves an artist, their latest creation a work of art, whereas it is merely a fashionable object.
- The West Leeds High School pupil was last seen wearing a zip-fronted navy blue Ellesse jacket with reversible cream lining over a black and ribbed polo-necked jumper.
Definition of polo neck in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan