- A marine annelid worm of the class Polychaeta; a bristle worm.More example sentences
- There are more than 50 fish species whose lives are linked to Sargassum, and a myriad of invertebrates, including gastropods, polychaetes, bryozoans, anemones, and sea-spiders.
- The focal stage for this analysis is the early period of embryo encapsulation, a mode of development that has evolved several times among gastropods, polychaetes, nemerteans and flatworms.
- Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.
More definitions of polychaeteDefinition of polychaete in:
- The US English dictionary