Definition of polychromatic in English:
1Of two or more or of varying colours; multicoloured: patterned polychromatic brickwork
More example sentences
- All around the main concourse there is a polychromatic array of multicultural mixed sex, mixed aged groups doing their own thing.
- Purple is particularly in at the moment, along with polychromatic paint that changes colour with the light, for those that can afford it.
- The thin, polychromatic striations of the different coloured tiles add surprising texture and visual animation to the internal and external wall planes.
1.1 Physics (Of light or other radiation) of a number of wavelengths or frequencies.
- This fact appears in the literature as the discrepancy between sensitivity curves measured with a monochromatic source and with polychromatic radiation observed in normal human skin fibroblasts.
- Solar radiation is polychromatic and the biological effectiveness concentrates on the short-wavelength edge of the spectrum (290320 run, commonly termed UVB).
- With one exception, previous studies have investigated the wavelength dependence of MAA formation under polychromatic light.
- Example sentences
- The maintenance of female polychromatism in the damselfly Ischnura graellsii is addressed by reanalysing data from two natural populations.
- Stephens concluded that the two forms may have resulted from selected polychromatism facilitated by the somewhat insular nature of the Cape San Lucas area.
Definition of polychromatic in:
- US English dictionary