Definition of polyester in English:
1A synthetic resin in which the polymer units are linked by ester groups, used chiefly to make synthetic textile fibres.
- The equipment they invented removed the water as it was formed, resulting in a high molecular weight polyester.
- As for polyester well there's a non biodegradable petrochemical product I know little about.
- Examples of polymers produced in this way include polyesters, polyamides, polyurethanes, polyethers, and polysulfones.
1.1A fabric made from polyester fibre: swimwear in a range of fabrics including polyester and silk [count noun]: dresses in printed polyesters
More example sentences
- Avoid wrinkles by choosing lightweight knits and woven polyesters such as georgette or similarly textured fabrics that have wash-and-wear, wrinkle-free qualities.
- Sparked by the retail explosion of such brands as Under Armour and Nike Dri-FIT, perspiration-wicking polyesters and blends are becoming more and more commonplace in the promotional wearables marketplace.
- You pretty much have two options in neckwear fabrics: silk or polyester.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan