- A synthetic resin made by copolymerizing ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid, widely used to make polyester fibres.More example sentences
- The bottle is made of polyethylene terephthalate, a saturated thermoplastic polyester resin commonly used in commercial applications like plastic bottles.
- Finally, at the bottom of the whole sheet, there is a rather ordinary drink bottle material, polyethylene terephthalate, serving as a flexible support.
- Plastic bottles, typically made from natural high-density polyethylene or polyethylene terephthalate, increased their share of the milk category by two-tenths of a percentage point in 2001, to a new high of 26.9 percent.
More definitions of polyethylene terephthalateDefinition of polyethylene terephthalate in:
- The US English dictionary