Definition of polygon in English:
A plane figure with at least three straight sides and angles, and typically five or more.
- For purposes of clarification: a hexagon is a polygon with six sides and six angles.
- This he obtained by circumscribing and inscribing a circle with regular polygons having 96 sides.
- He proposed successively doubling the number of sides of a regular polygon inscribed in a circle so that the difference in areas would eventually become exhausted.
- Example sentences
- The opening between adjacent cells is trapezoidal or polygonal.
- The chambers are usually square, rectangular, or polygonal in plan and often show structural compartmentalization with side cells opening from the main chamber.
- Architecturally they incorporate the low roofs, polygonal towers and shallow, semicircular domes of the Byzantine mode.
Definition of polygon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan