Consisting of several terms.
- Plants and animals were given long, polynomial Latin names.
- The idea was that this trivial name would be easy to. remember and would trigger the memory of the plant's 'correct' polynomial name.
1 Mathematics An expression of more than two algebraic terms, especially the sum of several terms that contain different powers of the same variable(s).
- The papers look at algebraic curves, the Riemann Roch theorem and algebraic polynomials.
- But we would not be able to define the derivative using Paman's terms since we consider more complicated functions than the polynomials or power series which Paman considered.
- Hermite made important contributions to number theory and algebra, orthogonal polynomials, and elliptic functions.
Late 17th century: from poly- 'many', on the pattern of multinomial.
Definition of polynomial in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.