Definition of polyphenol in English:
A compound containing more than one phenolic hydroxyl group.
- According to several scientists, chocolate contains polyphenols - chemical compounds renowned for their heart-helping properties.
- The green tea extract in HydroxyTea contains chemical elements called polyphenols, like the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (called EGCG for short).
- It is possible that other soluble phenolics, possibly polyphenols, can be localized in the cytoplasm and in the nuclei and/or apoplast.
- Example sentences
- This comprises synthesis of different flavonoids and other polyphenolic compounds like tannins and lignins.
- The flavonoids are polyphenolic compounds with antioxidant properties and are widely distributed in foods of plant origin such as vegetables, fruits, tea and wine.
- There were considerable difficulties in resolving enzymes in T. loscosii, due to interference during the extraction from polyphenolic substances and volatile oils.
Definition of polyphenol in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia