A compound containing more than one phenolic hydroxyl group.
- According to several scientists, chocolate contains polyphenols - chemical compounds renowned for their heart-helping properties.
- The green tea extract in HydroxyTea contains chemical elements called polyphenols, like the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (called EGCG for short).
- It is possible that other soluble phenolics, possibly polyphenols, can be localized in the cytoplasm and in the nuclei and/or apoplast.
- Example sentences
- This comprises synthesis of different flavonoids and other polyphenolic compounds like tannins and lignins.
- The flavonoids are polyphenolic compounds with antioxidant properties and are widely distributed in foods of plant origin such as vegetables, fruits, tea and wine.
- There were considerable difficulties in resolving enzymes in T. loscosii, due to interference during the extraction from polyphenolic substances and volatile oils.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: poly|phe¦nol
Definition of polyphenol in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.