- (Of an organic compound, especially a fat or oil molecule) containing several double or triple bonds between carbon atoms.More example sentences
- We consume three main types of fats in our daily diet - saturated fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.
- Experts say the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found largely in nuts have heart protective benefits.
- You can only get these from polyunsaturated fats and oils, found in high quantities in nuts, fish, avocados, seeds and vegetable oils.
More definitions of polyunsaturatedDefinition of polyunsaturated in:
- The US English dictionary