- Relating to or situated in the hollow at the back of the knee.More example sentences
- Commonly used sites for catheterization include the basilic, cephalic, saphenous popliteal, external jugular, and temporal veins.
- Thus, reflux at the saphenofemoral junction, saphenopopliteal junction, and within the deep venous system, including the popliteal vein beneath the knee and the gastrocnemius veins, can be detected without invasive techniques.
- Posteriorly, the head rises to a pointed apex that affords attachment for the arcuate popliteal ligament and, on the lateral side, part of the biceps tendon.
early 18th century: from modern Latin popliteus (from Latin poples, poplit- 'ham, hough') + -al.
More definitions of poplitealDefinition of popliteal in:
- The US English dictionary