adjective (porkier, porkiest)
- 1 • informal (Of a person or part of their body) fleshy or fat: he bent his squat, porky frame over the rail of the bedMore example sentences
- Opposite me, a porky man devoured his three double cheeseburgers in a panic.
- He must have thought that the music teacher was porky himself to have made the association in the first place.
- The health warnings before you start each tape indicate real fears of porky viewers overdoing it.
noun (plural porkies)Back to top
- (also porky-pie) British • rhyming slang A lie: you’ve been telling porkiesMore example sentences
- Slowly but surely it becomes easier and infinitely more desirable to tell and to live the truth than to indulge in porky-pies.
- Women, its findings suggest, are likely to be more prolific in the sexual porky-pie stakes than men.
- Solution: get them to study literature so that they appreciate what fiction is actually about: telling the truth by telling porkies.