- During, relating to, or denoting the period following a surgical operation: post-operative careMore example sentences
- Adjuvant post-operative radiation therapy was administered because resection margins were positive.
- Treatment should be continued throughout the period of post-operative care until the risk of deep vein thrombosis has diminished.
- They can be operated on, but it's off to the theatre and a general anaesthetic and a painful post-operative period.
More definitions of post-operativeDefinition of post-operative in:
- The US English dictionary